Sunday, March 29, 2015

My First Fair Isle

Yes i finished my first fair isle!


 It was easier than i expected although i didn't knit it like they normally advise. Most people have one color in their right hand and one in their left but i just held both of them in my right and picked the color i need off my pointer finger. I have seen rings on facebook that go on the right finger and hold two yarns in place so i might check into one of those.

The pattern i used was Noro fair isle flower hat which i first found on pinterest and then downloaded on ravelry. As you can see in the photos i used a clip board and junk mail to keep track of my progress, After i finished a row i put a small dot before the finished row in case my paper slipped or i put it down and lost track. 
The inside looks like a yarn tornado but you can't feel it when the hat is on. I think if i make more as gifts i will sew a liner in each hat and it will be super warm! I would recommend this for beginners to fair isle since the instructions are very detailed and aimed at beginners. 
Have fun and best of luck to all who try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment